Am Samstag, 10. September 2005 22:21 schrieb Carl Hartung:
> On Saturday 10 September 2005 16:01, Carl Hartung wrote:
> <snip>
> > I updated the night before last to RC1 and I'm now prompted for my
> > password before I can get back to my desktop. I thought it was all
> > fixed, but I guess it'd be worth checking out the screensavers,
> > too.
> 'Pop art squares' and 'Cosmos' work. 'Blank screen' works, too.

Hi,

I started "gnome-screensaver" in a "gnome-terminal" and waited some
hours. As I returned to the Computer the screen was blank (blank screen
was selected) and again the same problem: I cant stop the screensaver,
no "input password"-box or anything else (RC1). I had to kill the
process by hand. But in the terminal window, where I started the
process is somting written:

** (gnome-screensaver:19305): CRITICAL **: gs_job_set_theme: assertion
'theme != NULL' failed

** (gnome-screensaver:19305): WARNING **: Could not start job:
screensaver theme is not set.

this repeats a lot of times
and then:

Xlib: No protocol specified

this also repeats a lot of times

But I selected a theme: blank screen.
Maybe somebody want to fix it for final...

-- mdc