On 9/13/05, Christoph Thiel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Mon, 12 Sep 2005, Cameron Seader wrote:
>
> > What i mean by this is that sles does not have a very good cli tool that
> > can be used to update a server with, unless you use YOU or buy ZLM. YUM
> > could be used as a cli interface to this. I have used online_update, but
> > it lacks quite a bit.
>
> Unfortunately we don't have y2pmsh on SLES yet, but I guess it will be in
> SLES10. (y2pmsh = Shell interface for the YaST2 packagemanager)
>

> Regards
> Christoph

You could use rug (Red-Carpet cl client) against and open-carpet server if
some people had them set up. I know Seb Payne had one at one time at
http://www.evolutioncolt.com/carpeting/
that made all the stuff at ftp.dwdg.de <http://ftp.dwdg.de> available
Read this http://www.evolutioncolt.com/~spayne/blog/?p=12

I really like red-carpet and have never had it "wack" up my system

--
David Barker
Master CNI, Master CNE, CLE, MCSE, CCNA, CCA