On Wed, 21 Sep 2005, BandiPat wrote:

> Can we assume the sources will be available online then?  I do wish
> these were still included with the package as I always find them very
> useful, plus I thought the sources had to be included, according to the
> GPL.  Or have I misunderstood that and they only have to be made easily
> available?

Quoting http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html

3. You may copy and distribute the Program (or a work based on it, under
   Section 2) in object code or executable form under the terms of
   Sections 1 and 2 above provided that you also do one of the following:

    b)  Accompany it with a written offer, valid for at least three years,
        to give any third party, for a charge no more than your cost of
        physically performing source distribution, a complete
        machine-readable copy of the corresponding source code, to be
        distributed under the terms of Sections 1 and 2 above on a medium
        customarily used for software interchange;

Note: The sources will be made available in the ftp trees as always.

Regards
        Christoph