On Sat, Sep 24, 2005 at 02:36:54PM +0200, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> did you try "noapic" at the boot prompt?

I did now. And I just start from a complete clean instalation each time I
try something. No idea if that had any influence on anything. Also no idea
where the errors come from.

> Anyway, I have a "Haupauge WinTV Nova CI PCI" and it only works, if I
> remove all tuners that are autoloaded by rcdvb, and load the correct
> tuner (stv0299) only.

Here I get stuck. What is the correct tuner? WiKi tells me to do `modprobe
tveeprom` and then check ou dmesg. Very nice, but completely useless if
you have no clue where to look.

I have just been able to get picture on my screen. I connected my video
recorder with a cable (No idea what it is called) and got a picture. No
sound yet and it was very slow at some times, but still, at least I know
the card works. I used mplayer /dev/video0, so not yet fully tested.

Becaue I start from zeror, I need to do the same things all the time and
it gets very easy to forget things. So after a fresh instalation I just
run the following script:
http://houghi.org/script/pvr350
Needs some finetuning, but it works for me.

Still no clue how to get TV. Once that is solved, I will put the script
with the files online, wich should make it easier then reading 50 manuals
and bothering all of you. ;-)

Mmm. It might even become my first SUSE rpm project. :-)
(Don't hold your breath on that last one)

houghi
--
Quote correct   (NL) http://www.briachons.org/art/quote/
Zitiere richtig (DE) http://www.afaik.de/usenet/faq/zitieren