On Wed, Oct 05, 2005 at 08:12:52AM +0200, Marcus Meissner took 18 lines to
write:
> On Wed, Oct 05, 2005 at 07:01:58AM +0100, Simon Dales wrote:
> > I notice it isn't included in Suse 10.0, and I have trouble
> > compiling/running
> > it on Athlon 64. Is there a good reason for this? I notice that vm86plus
> > support isn't in the 64 bit kernel, is this a fundamental restriction of 64
> > bit kernels?
>
> No, a restriction of the AMD64 architecture.
>
> > How to get DOSEMU running?
>
> As far as I understood, you can't.

:-(

I've used the FreeDOS boot floppy to flash my BIOS. My new machine
hasn't a floppy drive (I haven't missed it), but updating the BIOS
is going to be tricky because vendors only want to support Windows.

Kurt
--
The light at the end of the tunnel is the headlight of an approaching
train.