>>> On Sat, Oct 8, 2005 at  7:35 am, in message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: 
> On Sat, Oct 08, 2005 at 01:47:17PM +0200, iago f. ramos wrote:
>> Hi,
>> 
>> I think it'll be better to start a bug about this, but, first I want to 
>> comment it before. May isn't really a bug :)
>> 
>> My hardware is a ahlon64 3000+, ga- k8vt800, 512MB TwinOS 400MHz and a 
>> Maxtor 
>> SATA disk. I'm using 10.0- 64 (upgraded from 10.0rc1) and my swap partition 
>> is 
> 
>> about 1000MB (not the GB)
>> 
>> The problem is thar sometime my desktop freezes  (blank screen or the 
> lastest 
>> view without mouse or keyboard interaction) and the HD start to work hard. 
> If 
>> I'm patient, from 5 to10 minuts later my desktop came back and I see (on the 
> 
>> System Monitor Applet of KDE for example)  that the swap is fulled.  Apps 
> run 
>> very slow an the HD is working fulltime.  I can restart my user session and 
>> everything works nice again, but I don't see it as the real solution :)
>> 

With an Athlon 64 you might want to try running with at least a GB of RAM and a 
2 GB swap, i don't have any problems like you do and i have a 3200+ with a GB 
RAM and 2GB swap. Also you could be experiencing some issues with overheating 
or your RAM and CPU, run some sensors on your system get gkrellm and run the 
sensors-detect program on SUSE to find and enable them. Good Luck!

-Cameron



---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to