2005/10/10, Alain Black <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>: > Jukka wrote: > > >Hi! > > > >I have had a strange malfunction with my monitor since I started to > >try OpenSuse Beta's. My monitor looses it's signal every time during > >boot: it goes blank, starts blinking a message informing current > >horizontal/vertical sync-rates and if "pc-settings are correct"? Only > >way to get it back to normal is to start pushing buttons in monitor > >"adjusting-panel" and keybord. This blanking happens also during > >normal use (after the boot process) if there has not been any activity > >(keyboard presses, mouse clicks etc) for a while. I have checked > >monitors refresh rates via Sax2 but despite they are correct, this > >goes on. This doesn't happen in Windows (I dualboot with Win98SE), nor > >with Suse 9.3 (or older releases) or other linux distributions. Any > >idea what may be a problem? My monitor is Hitachi CM715. > > > >-Jukka > > > > > It sounds like either the refresh rate or the resolution is too high. > Try changing it to 1024x768 or 800x600 in sax2 and see if that helps.
Hi! Thanks for your tip! I try it next time I am at home (writing this from work), but refresh rate is correct (according to monitor manual) and my past experiences with Suse (I have used it since version 7.1), with other linux distributions and with Win98 has had no problems? Even it would work, I think it is not a solution because monitor is capable for 1600x1200 resolution?? -Jukka --------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
