[EMAIL PROTECTED] schrieb:

Am Freitag, 14. Oktober 2005 08:49 schrieb Rauch Christian:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] schrieb:
Am Freitag, 14. Oktober 2005 07:52 schrieb Rauch Christian:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] schrieb:
Am Mittwoch, 12. Oktober 2005 12:52 schrieb Rauch Christian:
I have a dns running with dnsmasq on my 9.3 server which works
fine
from my other 9.3 box, but is making problems with my 10.0.
if i do an "nslookup server" in an terminal, it works fine on
both, but if i add an repo in yast using the name or using
firefox to go
rename your local net: ".local" is a registered pseudo toplevel
domain registered for mdns responder. Try to disable mdnsd in the
runlevel editor.
Thanks mdc, this was it!
renaming from .local to .lokal made the difference! It now works
fine, but I don't understand why this happens.
I realize that mdns uses this, but why does it not work, when mdnsd
is disabled?

Hi rauch,

seems that the special handling of ".local" had made it into the libc.

-- mdc

Well, this would explain a lot!
Anyhow, it is working now, but i believe this could be a problem for those using a samba domain with *.local and having a bigger system they cannot switch so easy.

Thanks for your help again!

rauch