From: Guðlaugur Jóhannesson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Sunday, October 16, 2005 4:15 PM
To: opensuse@opensuse.org
Subject: Re: [opensuse] Wireless Problem in 10.0

Daniel Hatfield wrote:
If I run iwconfig after configuring yast it shows all the correct setting
(essid, wep key, mode), but is says it's unassociated and that the security
mode is restricted!? If i just run iwconfig with all of my settings from the CL
and it connects right up. Connecting from the command line isn't the end of the
world, but it is a digression.

Have you tried changing the corresponding ifcfg file in /etc/sysconfig/network? YaST does not set the wireless up correctly for me as it always ends up in restricted mode. What I do is add the word open after the WEP key (but within the quotes) in that file and that does the trick for me.

Cheers
Gulli