Daniel Hatfield wrote:
If I run iwconfig after configuring yast it shows all the correct setting
(essid, wep key, mode), but is says it's unassociated and that the security
mode is restricted!? If i just run iwconfig with all of my settings from the CL
and it connects right up. Connecting from the command line isn't the end of the
world, but it is a digression.

Hi Daniel,
i've got no problems at all with my Acer TM803LMi Centrino laptop.

I've got a US Robotics access point/modem/router and the ipw2100 card on my laptop.

My network config is with static IP, shared key, WEP @128bit.
During the network config I had only to enter:
- eth1 ip (alternatively can be recorgnized as wlan0);
- subnet mask
- gateway
- DNS (the router ant the ISP ones)
- set YaSTo to pre-shared key
- select ASCII mode
- enter the 13 character's key

and all is working !

Now i'm working with windoze, but later I can attach my config files ....

--
  .~.     Nicola -=KOOLINUS=- Losito
  /v\     http://www.koolinus.net