ajtiM wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Today i tried to install OpenOffice 2.0. I use the apt (Synaptic). I got one
> warning about libs and i ignore. After installation i run KDE but there were
> no screen. I heard a sound, mouse works but i got just a gray screen. Anybody
> has a same problem? Is this official OpenOffice from SuSE?

I had the same on 3 different machines - unrelated to OpenOffice though
(I was already running the latest OOo long before this started
happening).  I rolled things back to the DVD versions, and the problem
didn't go away until I reset all of KDE (including qt) back to 3.4.3,
and fontconfig back to 2.3.2.

If you drop to init 3, and then as user run startx, you'll see loads and
loads of errors scrolling by.  Problems with kded, and other core KDE
components.

My suggestion (based on my own experience) is to try rolling font config
back to 2.3.2, and if that doesn't help, do the same for qt and KDE.

Ummm second comment... if you're getting warnings about libs when you're
installing applications, you shouldn't really just ignore.  The warning
is there for a reason... something is not right.  You should try to
solve the warnings BEFORE you continue... or you end up with broken
packages, missing libs etc etc.

C.