Am Mittwoch 26 Oktober 2005 17:36 schrieb Daniel Bertolo
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Am Montag 24 Oktober 2005 19:42 schrieb [EMAIL PROTECTED]:
> > first, reinstall the nvidia driver via YaST. If that didn't help
> > try one of the following files:
> > http://das.netz00.de/mist/xorg.conf.crt
> > http://das.netz00.de/mist/xorg.conf.crtcrt
> > http://das.netz00.de/mist/xorg.conf.crttv
> > http://das.netz00.de/mist/xorg.conf.twincrt
> > http://das.netz00.de/mist/xorg.conf.twintv
> Thanks for your files. But they did not solve my problem. What I want
> is what your xorg.conf.crttv delivers. If I have 2 device sections,
> the X server only starts if at most one of the sections contains:

Hi Daniel,

> BusID "PCI:1:0:0"

Hmm, I had to put it in both stanzas of Section "Device" to make it
work. This was a GeForce FX 5700VE. I used the nvidia driver downloaded
from nvidia and compiled myself.

> But then, the second screen does not work. But no errors appear in
> Xorg.0.log but this:
>
> (II) Primary Device is: PCI 01:00:0
> (--) Assigning device section with no busID to primary device
> (WW) NV: More than one matching Device section found: Device[1]
> (--) Chipset GeForce FX 5600 found

Are you sure, it is "PCI:1:0:0" on your system? Look at the output of
"lspci".

> As soon as both device sections contain the BusID entry. I get this
> error:
> Error: Entity already in use.

Try to leave out PCI ==> BusID "1:0:0"

> I discovered that the framebuffer works this time. Before my problem
> appeared the situation was like this:

Try disableing the VESA-framebuffer:
        vi /boot/grub/menu.lst
and change "vga=XXXX" to "vga=normal".

> looked before. Looks like a clone from LCD, but showing only a small
> part of it (zoomed) and completely distorted. I just see that
> something "moves" as I move a window on the LCD.

Wrong timing. Are you sure your TVOut is really "COMPOSITE"? Maybe
"SVIDEO"

> Any idea? If I have to choose between the framebuffer and the second
> screen, I prefer the latter.

- disable the VESA-Framebuffer
- play around with BusID
- play around with
  Option       "TVOutFormat" "COMPOSITE"
  Option       "TVStandard" "PAL-B"
- try the twinview feature (but be aware that your screen with the
smaller resolution will scroll)

-- mdc