BandiPat wrote:

Question time!

I've got a question for you SuSE guys or somebody else that might know. Why is it that each time you go into the "Update System" module of yast2 that it wants to reinstall the kernel? If you are not aware of that and running a newer kernel, you'll always get the original 10 kernel installed. Is that fixed in 10.1 and/or will there be a fix for YOU sometime in the very near future?

Of course, you could set them to be locked and not upgradable, but then what happens when YOU gets an update? Just seems to me that it should be fixed as part of yast2?

regards,
Lee

It almost sounds like the program names may not be clear enough for what they do. This is how I'm reading your post, and my response to that would be:

System Update and YOU (Yast Online Update) are two different things. YOU is the program to run if you're looking to update the packages on your system with the latest versions available from SuSE.

If that's not what you meant, please post again so we're answering the question being asked properly.

-Alain.