Hi all !

Bob Lafler wrote:

Basically after running great for sometime...yesterday
it slowed down. I just lost 3d support yesterday...day
before now.

Did you do changes with the system configuration before the 3D support got lost ?

[...]

Sorry that was a miss type it was the X log
(Xorg.1.log) that indicates 3D acceleration is
initialized but it is using 2D acceleration. Yet I do
not have the ability to switch on 3D in Sax.

So what happens when you try to create a new "xorg.conf" file by using SaX2 ?

"sax2 -m 0=nvidia" should be the command to be issued.

If there is a special profile data file -- as it is for ATI cards -- you need to add this to the above command line as "-b /path/to/nvidia/profile/data/file"

Hope this helps !

Never give up !

Best regards,
Reinhard.