Martin Cordova wrote:

> Yes I did, do you know if OpenSuSE kernel includes ipvs support? To be
> honest, I was looking for something very easy to setup (and
> understand), somewhere I read that ClusterIP was kind of a "new wave",
> a recent addition.

Ah, yes, I think you're right - ClusterIP _is_ new.  The method I was
talking about is DNAT'ing to a range of IPs :

iptables -A FORWARD -p tcp --dport x -d 192.168.2.1-192.168.2.99 -j
ACCEPT

I've used this in the past for distributing load across a number of SMTP
servers, but now I just use DNS round-robin.

/Per Jessen, Zürich

--
http://www.spamchek.de - managed anti-spam and anti-virus solution.
Sign up for your free 30-day trial now!