On Tuesday 01 November 2005 04:35, Aschwin Marsman wrote:
<snip>
> I tried YaST, removed lame and installed it again, that worked, thanks.

Well, Aschwin, that's a bit of good luck. I've only had the problem you've
described twice and the YaST approach I suggested worked once, not both
times. ;-)

> How can this happen? (rpm thinking that the same package is installed
> twice).

At the end of the day, my impression was that I introduced that error while
trying to be too "surgical" with apt, YaST and CLI rpm. At least, the only
time I've seen that error is after I've done something fancy. ;-) Glad it
worked out for you, though.

- Carl