Hello community !

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I'm thinking about moving from Fedora to Suse. I have a few questions before I try it out..

- How hard/easy is it to setup the ipw2200 package for Suse to use with my centrino laptop?

Works right out of the box with my centrino/ipw2200 notebook

- Once installed how do I control the wireless interface?

What exactly do you want to control ? Managing access to various WLAN on locations ? Here "kwifimanager" and "netgo" seems to be good choices ...

- I have a new Treo 650, my Treo 600 would sync with Fedora/Kpilot but not so with the 650. Is it known to work with Suse?

Sorry no idea / experiences

- What version of KDE is shipping/packaged with Suse v10 ?

3.4.2

- What is the defaulyt filesystem type for Suse, can I choose Reiser via the install?

reiserfs is the default

- Will redhat RPM's work on a Suse install ?

SuSE uses RPM format but I'm not sure if original redhat RPMs will work ...

Most packages I was looking for had been available as SuSE RPMs. Therefore there was no need to test redhat RPMs.

- Where do In find additional sources for updates (Like adding repo's for yum) and how do I configure them ?

http://www.opensuse.org/Additional_YaST_Package_Repositories
http://www.opensuse.org/Package_Repositories

More had been discussed in this mailing list. Google will help you.

- What's the best sources of help. (I found that the Fedora mailing list was hands-down the best support for Fedora) ?

Similar with SuSE. Mailing lists (there are several available on lists.suse.com) and NGs news:alt.linux.suse and news:alt.os.linux.suse are the best information sources

- How stable is Suse v10 and why would I choose the commercial version vs. the open source project?

With the boxed version you will have less work for some of the copyrighted multimedia applications/codes. At the final end you will get all working regardless if you are using the boxed version or downloadable version.
--
Never give up !

Best regards,
Reinhard.