Hello,

Am Dienstag, 6. Dezember 2005 22:02 schrieb Christian Boltz:
> Hello,
>
> Am Dienstag, 6. Dezember 2005 19:04 schrieb Michael Schroeder:
> > On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 06:57:34PM +0100, Andreas Mantke wrote:
> > > My box have only 1 GB RAM. I don't know if this is enought to
> > > make a delta-cd-iso. What do you mean?
> >
> > Depends on the CD data. Delta generation needs about three
> > times the size of the data it is working on as memory. Just
> > give it a try.
>
> Yes, but IIRC we are talking about the _biggest file_ on the CD,
> not the whole CD. (For RPMs, calculate with the _uncompressed_
> size.)
>
> I guess you have a chance with 1 GB Ram. As Michael already said:
> > As I said, just give it a try.

I tried it and run into an error. makedelta reads the old and the
new iso-image (each about 700 MB) and stops at delta-diffs.
makedelta told me that there are not enough memory.

> ;-)
>
> BTW: If your system keeps working for days, it's a clear sign of
> too less RAM. makedelta* from swap is terribly slow...

I don't had to wait long. The error displayed after 2 Minutes ;-)

I think that I need about 3 MB memory for this action.

Regards,
Andreas
--
## Content Developer OpenOffice.org: lang/DE
## Freie Office-Suite für Linux, Mac, Windows, Solaris