Op zaterdag 7 januari 2006 17:02, schreef Patricio Bruna:
> it.
> Everythings works ok, but the sound.
>
> lspci list it as "00:1e.2 Multimedia audio controller: Intel Corporation
> 82801FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW (ICH6 Family) AC'97 Audio Controller (rev 04)"
>
> Yast load the snd-intel8x0 kernel module fot it, but i get not sound.
> Kmix works ok, i can listent how volume got changed, but amarok make no
> sound.
>
> The strange thing its when i unload the kernel module (snd-intel8x0).
> Whe i do that i can get the bell system sound when i press TAB TAB in
> konsole. But i have none /dev/dsp or /dev/snd/* so kmix dont work,
> amarok neither, etc.

I seem to gave a similar problem with a similar card:
from yast: 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) AC'97 Audio Controll
from lspci: 00:1f.5 Multimedia audio controller: Intel Corporation 82801EB/ER
(ICH5/ICH5R) AC'97 Audio Controller (rev 02)

I have sound with this card bu no microphone :(  More people seem to have this
problem...:(

--
Richard Bos
Without a home the journey is endless