On Sun, 8 Jan 2006, Mauricio Teixeira wrote:

> > I thought that YOU is already able to repomd formatted pkg
> > repositories?
>
> YOU is something completely different.
>
> > Could you explain what Mauricio is adding?

Correct. The metadata / patch description stuff is documented in the
yast2-packagemanager-devel package
(/usr/share/doc/packages/yast2-packagemanager/*).

> Just dealing with YaST2 sources for now, not YOU yet. For now you need
> to add the updates repository in APT format. But I plan to add YOU
> support in all of it's glory as soon as possible. :)

... we have a feature request pending to enable repomd on YOU trees.
Chances are good that we will get this to work for 10.1. (However there is
one issue with this approach: The YOU trees contain scripts, which would
only be accessible if SMART / $other_package_manager would implement the
methods to access the metadata / patch description stuff of the YOU trees.
I'm pretty sure APT isn't / wasn't able to access those parts of the
updates either.)

Regards
        Christoph