Hi :)

Cristian Rodriguez wrote:
Christian Lange wrote:
Hi
I just wanted to type "rm *~" to kill the backup files in my folder. Accidently, I slid of the key and mistyped the command. So it became "rm *" an all my data is los. Under MS-DOS there is a command called "undelete" which one can use to recover data. How is the command under Suse Linux 10.0? Greetings, Chris

The only really efective tool..is called "backups".

If you haven't touched anything (no new files, no more deletions, ...) you can get your info back with fornesic tools such as tct.

Another way (more elaborate) is:
        1.- unplug your HDD (HDD_rm)
        2.- plugit into another computer
        3.- create an image of the deleted drive (HHD_rm)
         onto the new drive (HDD_good)
        4.- now you can deal with the image as if it were
         a text file: you can use split, vi, grep, sort,
         strings, wc, ... on it and search for text.

HTH

   Rafa

--

Rafa Grimán
Systems Engineer

Silicon Graphics Spain
Santa Engracia , 120 - Planta Baja 28003 Madrid, Spain

Tel: +34 91 3984200
Fax: +34 91 3984201
Móvil: +34 628 117 940

http://www.sgi.com