Am Donnerstag, 26. Januar 2006 07:42 schrieb bjse_suse:
> when I use the Suse10  (OSS) .
> I found that is not as good as Windows2000  when accessing the internet.
>
> I have a line rent from the Telecom company . and I constructed a Office
> Lan by using router(with one uplink_input port and four lan port). DHCP,
> DNS ,and HTTP proxy functions is supported by my router.I have set my
> network device as automatic_get_IPaddress mode. when I access the resource
> from internet , I found the speed is  slow ,and I can not endure that.
>
> best regards!
>

>     terence.

Some more information would be helpful, but a quick guess would be that you
have not disabled IPv6 and your router/Telecoms DNS server don't handle IPv6
requests.

In the about:config page of Firefox (if you use that), set the IPv6 Disable
flag to on/true.

Also in modprobe.conf look for the lines:
alias net-pf-10 ipv6
#install ipv6 /bin/true

And remove the hash before the second line. (I think you are supposed to put a
hash at the beginning of the first line as well, but mine doesn't have it and
it works fine.)

I think in the Sys Config editor in YAST there is also an option to turn off
IPv6 in KDE apps, but I only found that a couple of weeks ago when I was
searching for something else and my internet connection on my Linux box is
usually as fast or faster than my Windows box...

If that doesn't work, please come back with more details.