On Tue, 2006-01-31 at 00:55 +0530, Shriramana Sharma wrote:
> Offlist.

Please do not take discussions off list unless asked.

> > I did not mean for my answer to seem so harsh.
>
> That's all right then.
>
> > started. And yes you can mount an existing partition (not virtual) in a
> > VMware virtual machine but I would not recommend doing so to a partition
> > already mounted by the host system.
>
> Well the VMWare Player runs on Windows XP and Win XP certainly does not mount
> my SUSE reiserfs partitions. So can I please know the procedure to mount my
> SUSE reiserfs partitions on the virtual machine -- if I'm not taking too much
> of your time?

If the virtual machine is running XP you will have to ask someone from a
XP mailing list, as far as I know it is not possible. Blame M$ not
linux. If wanting to mount a partition from a host system running linux
in a virtual machine running linux you need to do that will the virtual
machine setup dialog while the VM is not running.

> > If you are referring to MS windows
> > style shares you can create shares in linux (using samba) to share with
> > your windows machines and vice-versa.
>
> I am totally ignorant of this kind of "shares", except when long time back I
> did some small Windows networking at my school when I was "sysadmin".

Then -you- need to do some research on the internet, perhaps
http://www.samba.org would be a good place to start. Unless you do some
of the work yourself first you will find very few people that will want
to keep spoon feeding you.

--
Ken Schneider
UNIX  since 1989, linux since 1994, SuSE  since 1998