Eric Burke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> Just wondering if it is me, or if there is a reason why the 10.1 beta
> install time is greater then 12 hours from the CD's? I credit this to the
> faulty font config packages mentioned elsewhere, as I noticed during the
> install it seemed to freeze during font installations. My concern after

Yes, that's definitely a culprit on a lot of installations - strangely
it always worked for me :-(

> this is even after replacing the font config packages once the system is up
> and running, the boot on the system is extremely slow and the OS is

The bootup time is longer and we do have SLAB debugging enabled in the
kernel - but it shouldn't be as bad as you describe.

> sluggish enough to be unusable at all. My system is no slug, and Suse 10.0
> runs fine on it as do other distros. Any ideas why this might be? My system
> is an AMD Athlon 2400, 1 GB RAM, swap configured for 1GB as well. Thanks.

I would appreciate if you could do some investigation and figure out
what goes on.

Btw. please discuss the Betas on the opensuse-factory list,

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger, [EMAIL PROTECTED], http://www.suse.de/~aj/
  SUSE Linux Products GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany