Hi,

On Thu, 16 Feb 2006, Thomas Hertweck wrote:
Eberhard Moenkeberg wrote:

[...]
Practice. Since 4.4.1.
The necessary hand-crafting steps from 5.3 to 6.0 were the difficultiest
ever, and I really know only one person who did everything right to trick
out Yast with success.

Sorry, no hand-crafting involved here. I could do the "update" without
problems (YaST does not stop me) and doing so, I could "destroy" my
current installation. We both know what the correct way is to perform an
entire system update, but YaST does in this case not stop me from doing
the wrong thing... Thus, the only statement I can make: I can't
reproduce what you've said. If YaST did indeed stop users from doing an
entire system upgrade with the "System Update" module, then the SDB
article cited earlier would not make any sense (as according to you that
problem should never happen). Hmm...!??

From where to where?
Not from 9.0 to 9.1, and I guess not from 9.3 to 10.0.

Cheers -e
--
Eberhard Moenkeberg ([EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED])