On Tue, Mar 07, 2006 at 11:54:01AM +0100, Martin Schlander wrote:
> A few weeks ago Beineri hooked me up with a how-to make installation
> screenshots.
> http://www.suse.de/~sh/yast2/screen-shots/

Would be great to have this as a wiki

> I'm aware that you can work around this using vmware or probably xen - but
> that's a bit technical for me and a lot of work.

I use Parallels (http://parallels.com/) and that is very easy to use.
Install the kernel sources, do a YOU and reboot if needed
`rpm -Uvh ftp://ftp.parallels.com/GA/Parallels-2.0.1514-Lin.i386.rpm`
Then ask for a activation key: http://parallels.com/en/account/
As root run `parallels-config`. As user you then can run `parallels`.

The main difference with a standard installation is that you get the
beginning in text. A rather quick movie can be seen on
http://houghi.org/film/movie.mpeg

It looks very quick, because both xvidcap and Parallels are struggeling
hard for the CPU cycles, wich leads to missing frames.

houghi
und Arbeit,  und das Sein wichtiger als das Tun
                                        - Johannes Müller-Elmau