Juraj,

On Sunday 12 March 2006 07:54, Juraj Trenkler wrote:

> I am working with OpenOffice.org which has very good database
> component and excellent integration with datasheet and presentation
> components. But sometimes it is very slow. So I search some other
> program for managing my MySQL data. I tried knoda and rekall but both
> have the same problem. I cannost work with utf8 encoding. As I use
> slovak alphabet it is must.
>
> Kexi seems to work but now I have this problem which must be solved
> first. I am asking now at kexi mailing list.

If all these front-ends exhibit performance issues, then perhaps the
problem is deeper (or further back). How well have you optimized your
MySQL tables?

What kind of queries are you using? MySQL falls down pretty fast when
queries become complex. Apparently its query optimizer is very limited.
PostgreSQL does much better on challenging queries, even if its
performance on simple tasks is not quite as good as MySQL's.

In any event, I think you might get more and better results on the
SuSE-Linux-E list.

> juraj

Randall Schulz