On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 20:59:55 +0200 (CEST)
Christoph Thiel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> openSUSE has just been accepted at Google Summer of Code 2006!
> We are now looking for ideas, proposals, projects, etc. around
> openSUSE and SUSE Linux, that could be worked on in Google Summer of
> Code. As the period of application for SoC is already very short, we
> need to get our proposals for project online May 1st, 2006, at the
> latest.
>
> So, for example, if you are missing a certain YaST module, or a
> special feature in the distribution, speak up now!
>
> Our proposals will be publish on http://en.opensuse.org/SoC2006
> shortly.
>

> Regards
>       Christoph

Hi all,

I have one idea - its about to union ability of YAST System Update and
drpmsync, so System Update can do update using drpmsync mirrors. In
that case, Yast System Update do not need to download the whole
rpm-package of package A ver. 0.1 to update it to 0.2.1. It only need
to download the delta of that rpms and apply it. It will decrease
bandwidth for all, and decrease cost of update for some users. As i
know, realizing that feature require the modification of the client
subsystem and a server-side infrastructure.

Best regards
SunSunich aka Asa-Doo-Leen Saiid