Am Freitag, 28. April 2006 13:13 schrieb jdd:
>  On the other
>
> > hand, I am fairly sure that no school network administrator would argue
> > that subjective technical ability to disable filters is an argument for
> > not implementing the filters in the first place.
>
> false security is worst than no security at all.
>
> understand me: it should be a good thing if children could
> be protected, but protection against TV infos should me
> better than from the net.
> I'm not opposed to a yast children safety module if it
> proves it works... (Linux in itself is good as protecting
> children)

...and as it cannot be proven that such systems will ever work (it may rather
be proved that it will never work), let's best drop the whole pointless
discussion about it. I am wondering if people who from time to time propose
something like an "Internet Safety Filter" or whatever it is called ever read
magazines, read articles, are interested in how such systems work and why
they don't?

SUSE surely needs some things, which are substantial, but no snake oil like
Parental Filter for WWW.

I would appreciate a Yast Plugin for setting up a Kerberos KDC, or LUKS
integration.

Best regards

Oliver

--
May a Misguided Platypus lay its Eggs in your Jockey Shorts
--

Dr. Oliver Tennert
Senior Solutions Engineer