On Tue, May 02, 2006 at 12:53:48PM +0200, jdd wrote:
> most of the install (that is minimal text) can be done now
> with only the first CD. This should be sufficient to go to
> the first restart (the one that launches Yast again) and
> then, if install source lacks, go back to the install source
> package.
>
> and this one should definitely find itself the ftp/http
> mirror. I hope this will come :-)

Yes. However as there is already a GUI running, it should be possible to
have a browser as well. All you need is either having the modem and/or
network running. Then you can look up what the difference is between Gnome
and KDE.

So I am talking even before the reboot, installation. The order of
Installation would become:
Language
Licence Agreement
Network
# From here you could have a browser running.
System Analysis

With Installation Summery, you could already add additional installation
suources, if that feature would be added.

Because that basic GUI is already running, the rest afterwards in
installation should not be in text.

houghi
und Arbeit,  und das Sein wichtiger als das Tun
                                        - Johannes Müller-Elmau