On Tue, May 02, 2006 at 09:23:10PM +0200, jdd wrote:
> I strongly think that paid SUSE version (so Novell's) are
> complementary of open ones.
>
> That is they benefit one from the other.

As far as I understand, that already happens.

> many open SUSE Linux users will never be Novell customers,
> but also many users need professional support (5-7 years
> support is quite much) opensuse will never even try to give.

I am not sure what you mean by this. Do you mean there should be a licence
to get support for SUSE for 7 years? With SUSE Linux that won't happen.
If you need that you need to buy SL*

So what do you mean?

houghi
und Arbeit,  und das Sein wichtiger als das Tun
                                        - Johannes Müller-Elmau