On Monday 08 May 2006 00:07, Felipe Alfaro Solana wrote:

> I tried using an NFS install. YaST adds the NFS repository, but fails
> with exactly the same error message:
>
> Failed to extract the kernel from the installation source.

You need to make sure that the NFS share is the folder containing the CD
folders. For example

/
/local/ .....................Do not export this folder by NFS
          suse/  .............This is where the NFS export should be
                 CD1
                 CD2
                 CD3
                 CD4
                 CD5

This is the only way I could get it to work.

and the YAST install source would be:

/local/suse/CD1

--
David Bottrill