On Mon, May 08, 2006 at 08:46:15PM +0100, Thomas Hertweck wrote:
> From my point of view, a (SUSE) community might be all of what has been
> mentioned above (all people share interest in SUSE Linux and the
> openSUSE project) although some people might be more active than others,
> no doubt (sorry, but some people have to work hard and can't afford to
> spend the whole day playing with SUSE Linux betas or writing emails to
> the opensuse mailing list ;-)).

The community is al SUSE users. Wether this is as an end-user or as a
developer or packager, is irrelevant.

Then there are several smaller groups. People who use openSUSE.org for
communication and people who don't. The seems to segragate the groups.
People at openSUSE tend to be a bit more involved in SUSE development
(even if only through betatesting) and others eem to focus more on support
for the end-user.

I can immagine that many end-users are scared to join a higly technical
mailinglist or think that their ideas won't be followed up on.

Just a thought. It could be that I am completely and utterly wrong.

houghi
und Arbeit,  und das Sein wichtiger als das Tun
                                        - Johannes Müller-Elmau