On Sun, 2006-05-14 at 16:59 +0200, Christoph Thiel wrote:

> > > This is just not true. I'm using both nm-applet and kNetworkmanager
> > > (GNOME and KDE NetworkManager frontends) with my WPA2,
> > > non-broadcasting wifi network at home and it's working great! The keys
> > > are being stored in kWallet or the gnome-keyring.
> >
> > For those that do not use kWallet it does -not- store the info and
> > requires you to reenter the config each time you boot up.
>
> So, what's keeping you from using kWallet or gnome-keyring, which both
> require a passphrase to be unlocked by default.

Good documentation on how to integrate NetworkManager with Kwallet.
Seems to be the weak link with most packages. All it would take is a
simple "Would you like to save this information in Kwallet" dialog. And
most people that know how seem to be very reluctant to share the
knowledge.

I don't want to seem picky here but this is the reason most people I
talk to -don't- migrate to a linux distro. The lack of this type of
integration.

But now this has gotten off of the subject.

Still plowing along.

--
Ken Schneider
UNIX  since 1989, linux since 1994, SuSE  since 1998