On Sun, May 21, 2006 at 05:39:39PM +0200, houghi wrote:
> On Sun, May 21, 2006 at 11:18:07AM -0400, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
> > They are *developers*, that should be developing and not bothered with
> > all this noise.  Developing really good stuff, which they do, is hard
> > work and requires concentrated effort.
>
> That is so wrong on so many levels I do not even know where to start.
>
> A developer works for the community and should be aware what that
> community is talking about.

No and No.

"community" includes in my eyes the concept of "volunteering".

A community member can just chose to participate only in some
aspects of the community.

For developers there is Bugzilla as a Must, and of course submission
of his packages ;)

But mailinglist involvement, especially in this high traffic list is not
required.

And listening to the community rants is not required either.

As in all OpenSource community sourcecode counts, the rest is optional.

Ciao, Marcus