Pascal Bleser wrote:

jdd wrote:

Would be nice if you could tell ksmarttray to update certain channels
(most notably ~/suse/update/10.1 of course) when checking for updates.

and probably using different words for similar thinbgs add to the mess.

what are those channels? I already had problem undersdtanding what are
the different inst-source (not even trying to know what are the
different metadata systems)

The generic and most appropriate term is "repository".

I have not the time to read all this right now, but it seems very interesting.

I will certainly manage to make a wiki page with this (from the newbie point of view, and I will post the URL for you to fix errors :-)

thanks
jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net