On 2006-06-04 12:31:47 +0200, jdd wrote:
> Houghi do a very goos job with his moderating messages.
>
> But may be messages signed "houghi" seems too "personal
> initiative", newcommers can't know how long was the houghi's
> engagement for openSUSE.
>
> I think Novell should give Houghi an e-mail as
> "[EMAIL PROTECTED] (or something
> similar) for that purpose.
>
> May be this way Houghi's messages will have more power?

you know what me disturbs more on this list? messages like that.
i still dont see technical threads are a problem for us. but we waste
more and more threads discussing how we can get people of the list
instead of on the list.

1. your "on join warning" could be easily integrated into the
   mailinglist messages send on join. ask henne.

2. instead of directly spamming "you are wrong here" post something
   like:
   "try this and that. that should solve the problem. but lets continue
    the thread on suse-linux-e as it is more applicable"

   that is imho better than just spamming the folks with
   "you are wrong here"

darix

--
          openSUSE - SUSE Linux is my linux