jim tate wrote:

> Yes, I have been there,but when you delete old partitions you have to
> enter new ones before you can leave the
> partitioning and save. Setting up new partitions using cyclinders x 512
> is to time consuming, it's easier to use
> Knoppix and fdisk to delete partitions.

How could that be anywhere near as easy as doing it all in the suse installer?

In the custom manual partition section of the suse installer, just click once
on the disk name to nuke all partitions, then click "create" for each new
partition you want to add. Enter the partition size you want in MB or GB, and
you're good to go.

BTW, whoever told you to use cylinders as the unit of partition size was
playing a mean trick on you.

Joe