Hi,

On Mon, 10 Jul 2006, Robert Schiele wrote:
On Mon, Jul 10, 2006 at 10:58:40PM +0200, Eberhard Moenkeberg wrote:
On Mon, 10 Jul 2006, Michael Schroeder wrote:

There's now a "/Factory/drpmsync/filelist.gz" file.

Landed as

ftp://ftp-1.gwdg.de/pub/opensuse/distribution/SL-OSS-factory/drpmsync/filelist.gz
http://ftp-1.gwdg.de/pub/opensuse/distribution/SL-OSS-factory/drpmsync/filelist.gz
rsync://ftp-1.gwdg.de/pub/opensuse/distribution/SL-OSS-factory/drpmsync/filelist.gz

Ok, so using the URL
rsync://ftp-1.gwdg.de/pub/opensuse/distribution/SL-OSS-factory as REPOS_RSYNC
in my client now should allow syncing the repository to a system using the
delta files (if old RPM files are already present).

Who had thought in the morning that we would make such a good step today. ;-))

Next should be to add the drpmsync directory into the OpenSUSE rsync push service, to deliver the new files just-in-time to the mirrors. ftp-1 currently is syncing every 4 hours, but "getting pushed" would ensure best actuality at every time.

Cheers -e
--
Eberhard Moenkeberg ([EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED])