Kenneth Schneider schrieb:
> On Fri, 2006-07-14 at 08:18 +0200, Peter Wiersig wrote:
>>> From my experience, the general user help list would be named
>>> something like opensuse@ or suse@ or suse-users@ or .... but of course
>>> there is no excuse for not reading the page more carefully.
>> I second that. And now that Novell has decided that future
>> releases are named "Opensuse" instead of "SUSE Linux" we should
>> change to "opensuse-community" (or "opensuse-project") for
>> technical discussion of the distribution and let this list be the
>> user support list.
>>

> It is my understanding that the retail version will continue to be
> called SUSE Linux and the download version will be renamed openSUSE.
> Perhaps someone from Novell could confirm this and stop all speculation.

hi Kenneth,

looks like you've mist a post ... as Andreas Jaeger has announced
13.07.06 already:

<snip>

We're glad to announce SUSE Linux 10.2 Codename "Basilisk Lizard"
Alpha2.

It's downloadable from today on and will be the last community/consumer
distribution called SUSE Linux. We'll rename SUSE Linux into openSUSE.

With current naming we experienced confusion internally and externally
between the project openSUSE and the distribution created there. And
especially with the new naming of our Linux business products (SUSE
Linux Enterprise 10) the differentiation between our business products
and community/consumer product is not intuitive. Therefor the upcoming
community/consumer version will be named openSUSE 10.2.  We'll
implement first name changes with Alpha 3 starting directly after
Alpha 2 and will have a fully renamed distribution with Beta 1 in Nov.

We're very sorry that suggestions like SuSE Linux Voyager, Gecko Linux
or Novora didn't make it  ;-) . But according to the discussions on the
mailinglist openSUSE is one of your favorites and will make openSUSE
consistent in all.

</snip>

best regards,
Thomy