Am Donnerstag, 20. Juli 2006 11:11 schrieb Clayton:
> One HUGE factor with EVERYONE I know that uses Ubuntu or Kubuntu is...
> _package_management_.

I second this. The strength of Ubuntu is package management. I did try [K|
X]ubuntu many times but always went back to SUSE. That's because detection of
my hardware worked perfectly with SUSE (means: everything worked out of the
box) while I had to configure most of my essential laptop stuff manually
(ipw2100, suspend-to-ram, bluetooth etc).

I think that ZMD would be able to catch up with Ubuntu, if it worked
flawlessly and much faster. Furthermore, the GUI tools need to be revised.
Installing software with just having an endless list of thousands of packages
is just useless. Maybe the ZMD frontend should look like synaptic.

Dani