In order to design the Yast-GTK package selector, I would like to know what
you guys dislike about the Yast-Qt package selector and, if possible, how
would you shape the interface to make it more of your liking.

Now for something more constructive :-) (than my last comment)

I actually find the QT bast YASY to be quite useful.

In general, for package management I find it quite important to see
the version I have installed next to the version that is available to
install.  This makes it easy for me to compare and decide if I want
to, or need to upgrade/install.

I also think it's very important that when you select a package, the
dependancies are checked, and you are informed of the impact that
initial package selection has - this is a major failign of the current
YAST.  You select a package, and you don't know the impact unless you
click the Check Dependancies button, or you click apply/next and
actually start the install.  Smart (for example) does this nicely by
immediately telling you what will be changed, including any updated,
added to removed packages.  Apt/Synaptic does this too... and in my
opinion does it way better than Smart.

If any replacement QT or GTK based could do this... it would be a nice
improvement.

C.