On Fri, 2006-07-28 at 22:26 +0200, Martin Schlander wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've made a Kommander script for adding repositories to SL 10.1. Versions are
> available for both rug/YaST and Smart.
>
> Check it out at:
> http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=43378
>
> It should work nicely but it needs polish. I decided to release early - time
> will tell if I'll release often, too ;)
>
> This is only sort of a proof of concept. It would be better if a real
> developer could make something better. But I actually think it's pretty
> useful. I'm considering adding functionality like installing
> multimedia-packages and the like.
>
> Thanks to Benjamin, aka. benJIman for some pointers.
>
> Martin

And many thanks to you as well, you have just made openSUSE much more
user friendly.

One suggestion, add a blurb that adding "third party" repos could make
the system unusable/unstable. Not that using "third party" repos is a
bad thing it is just newbies could unknowingly shoot themselves in the
proverbial foot and not know how to back out those changes.

--
Ken Schneider
UNIX  since 1989, linux since 1994, SuSE  since 1998