Hi,

I found some postings related to this on the list but none seem to help me with my problems.

running 10.1

I have a www server that is connected to the internet and also to our private internal network.

I have to rsync a mirror of opensuse on our www server and make that available to our internal net for installs and updates.

The www server private IP is 10.0.0.9.

I can add and use my local mirror the suse updates:
rsync://suse.mirrors.tds.net/suse/suse/update/10.1

But I can't seem to add and use the opensuse 10.1 local mirror:
rsync://suse.mirrors.tds.net/opensuse-full/

admin-02-01 /root# rug sl

# | Status | Type | Name       | URI
--+--------+------+------------+-------------------------------------------
1 | Active | ZYPP | suse-local | http://10.0.0.9/pub/suse/suse/update/10.1/

admin-02-01 /root# rug ref

Refreshing Services...

    100%

Successfully refreshed.

admin-02-01 /root# rug sa --type=zypp http://10.0.0.9/pub/opensuse/opensuse/distribution/SL-10.1/inst-source/suse local-opensuse

Adding zypp service...

      0%

ERROR: Could not add 'http://10.0.0.9/pub/opensuse/opensuse/distribution/SL-10.1/inst-source/suse': Failed to parse XML metadata: Can't add repository at http://10.0.0.9/pub/opensuse/opensuse/distribution/SL-10.1/inst-source/suse: Cannot create the installation source

Any ideas?

Thanks
Rene

--