On Sunday 20 August 2006 10:33, jim tate wrote:
> Anders Johansson wrote:

> >> Normally 255.255.255.255 is a all one's and 0.0.0.0 is the all
> >> zero's.  So 256 or anything above it would be wrong.
> >
> > In the other mail he just sent the remote IP is quoted as 199. so I
> > think it's a typo. My other comment stands then, that the
> > connection is good, and the non-working DNS is for the ISP support
> > department to look at

> Why can't I get a Dailup Icon in the panel tray, Yast is detecting
> the modem and setting are same as wvdial?
> I have no problem connecting wvdial.
> Can't get kppp to detect modem and settings are the same as wvdial.
>
> Jim
>
> Jim

I suspect once you've restarted KDE or at least the kicker panel, it
will appear.  Normally once you get the modem configured with yast it
automatically starts one of the dialing programs and adds an icon
there, but not always according to the build of KDE you're using.  Try
restarting the kicker panel or just restart KDE, if you haven't since
setting the modem up.  It's been quite a long time since I used a
modem, so don't recall all the details.

Lee