2006/8/24, Marcus Meissner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
On Thu, Aug 24, 2006 at 08:25:51AM +0200, Clayton wrote:
> >> New release is out.
> >> http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=43378
> >>
> >> New features:
> >> - A script that patches fresh installations with a single click
> >> - Install Nvidia/ATi KMPs
> >> - Script for installing GNOME specific multimedia stuff
>
> Wow... this is something that SUSE DESPERATELY needs.  Would it be
> hoping too much to find it included on the SUSE 10.2 release?
> Probably.... :-(
>
> This makes my job of supporting SUSE on new users machines SO much easier!

What part of it?

1. Should be done by better package management anyway.

2. This would require NVidia / ATI KMP support ... for 10.1 we
   just get it because SLED10 has it ...

   The registration process auto-adds those repos on SLED10,
   we could do similar on 10.2.

3. Users wishes might vary and we cannot provide auto install
   support for some repos for legal reasons.

Well that's why, just like Clayton ... " This makes my job of supporting SUSE on new users machines SO much easier!"

This is not a flame post, this really help supporting Suse 10.1 on new users machines, full multimedia ( including WMV and encripted DVD ), install proprietary drivers in a easy way, patch bugs in 10.1 fresh installation, are things people want and just doesn't matter is you don't have those features because for legal reason or because is in SLED10, is just not the point, we are talking about helping people who want to use Suse 10.1

Again, thanks for this script you are helping a lot with this, i had see something similar in Ubuntu is good to know now is in Suse too.

--
Marcel Mourguiart