>>> Robert Schiele <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 09/05/06 2:40 PM >>>
>> should focus on our users and to make it conveniant for them.
>> Novell takes somewhat a strange position in this game, as they
released
>> RPMs for SLE{D,S}, which luckily work with SuSE Linux 10.1 (even
though

>They did not.  The release is actually done by the respective hardware
>vendors.  Novell does only give technical advice.  That way the
hardware
>vendor is the one that takes the major risk to being sued.

Yes! Go through the archive and you'll find the first post of me to
start this thread. I started it after discussion with nVidia; They HOST
the packages on their server, but the package came by Novell!

Why is everybody just pointing the ball around? Sure, it's easy to say:
if the vendor doesn't create drivers, don't buy their hardware. Then
PLEASE: What graphic card would you suggest at the moment to have full
native 3D support? If this Opensource community is that strong, why is
the nvidia driver not capable of 3D? Because they feel there is another
driver from nVidia? But still they feel that this one does not suit the
needs? That's just bul****

Don't forget: Linux needs the support from Hardware vendors to be
successful on the desktop (as well as on the server, but there at least
graphic is less an issue... YET). I agree, it's good to have the kernel
drivers open, for security revious and development. There's no question
in this.

Dominique

PS: please forgive me if I start to sound a bit angry, but this
situation MAKES me angry.