Thomas Hertweck schrieb:
> T. Lodewick wrote:
>> [...]
>> in USA and germany, for example: in both
>> countries the courts agreed against some hardware vendors that there
>> closed-source-drivers violaited the GPL.
>> [...]
>
> Please provide the references.
>
> Cheers,
> T.

I can't post a correct reference as I've read about it in the german
magazine "c't" from "heise" in 2004 and I don't have the old ones anymore.

however, if you need some reference about the GPL and german court, just
have a look here:
> http://www.jbb.de/html/?page=news&id=32
it's also from the year 2004; you will find a short (german) opberview
as also links to the complete text from court ( as pdf, in german and
english ). ( but it doesn't cover the act against hardware vendors that
have closed source drivers ).

but I will do some research later this weekend.

best regards,
JBScout aka Thomy