El Jueves, 19 de Octubre de 2006 18:35, jdd escribió:
> Rafa Grimán a écrit :
> >> why OpenSuse is better than Kubuntu ?
>
> AFAIK, ubuntu is just an other debian clone. Debian have
> advantages, but also drawbacks. To be _very_ short, Debian
> is all free (as in GPL), totally non commercial, very low
> pace (new distro any several years) and hav an online tool
> (apt) very powerfull. But the ease of use is not the strong
> point.
>
> I find SUSE much more friendly

Debian/Ubuntu people usually argue the power of apt and the freedom as
advantages to choose their distro. Well, it's true apt is powerful but apt
may also be used in SUSE (apt-rpm) and SUSE also offers the user more choices
(YaST, Smart,...) while Debian-based distros AFAIK only offer apt. So I don't
see why someone would choose Debian just because of apt. Many also argue
Debian has a big central repository with lots of packages (I'm pretty sure
they aren't using even 10% of the packages) but probably they haven't taken a
look at repos.opensuse.org. Ubuntu also depends on a company (Canonical), so
that's not different from SUSE. About the freedom of Debian, well, I don't
have to comment it, I think everyone understands what "OSS" means in "SUSE
10.1 OSS". At the same time, we have YaST while Debian/Ubuntu doesn't. And
that's really a strong advantage.

So long live SUSE! ;)