You have to unmount the partition before you can use fsck. Anyway we would
need more details to help you. Is that just a directory or is there a
symbolic link in the path to that directory? Is it inside the document root?
If you switch to the user Apache is running with (probably wwwrun unless
you've changed it) with "su", are you still able to read the files?